C N R S E S T A N D I N G O P E R A T I N G P R O C E D U R E
PROCEDURES FOR IN-PROCESSING PAPERWORK FOR NEW EMPLOYEES
1. PURPOSE: To implement standardized on-boarding procedures to ensure effective and efficient
in-processing on newly hired CNRSE civilian employees by the Human Resources Offices (HROs)
OCHR Stennis Operations Center.
2. SCOPE: This Standing Operating Procedure (SOP) applies to Commander Navy Region
Southeast (CNRSE) Human Resources Office (HRO) and the serviced CNRSE customer
3. GENERAL: This SOP includes necessary steps for coordinating pre-employment physical and drug
tests, and facilitating the completion of in-processing paperwork.
a. The CNRSE On-Boarding specialist will serve as the regional point of contact in
facilitating the effective in-processing of all new CNRSE civilian employees.
b. Selecting Officials will:
1. Ensure implementation and compliance of this SOP and monitor the effectiveness and
quality of required actions and forms as listed on Appendix A.
2. Inform the On-boarding Specialist Mrs. Carmen M. Kelsick by email at
upon the need of pre-
and copy Mrs. Tralana Linder at
employment physical and drug test for new incoming hires/transfers, and provide the following
information when received: Name, phone number, and email address or other contact information of the
3. Identify a command sponsor once the job offer has been extended and
4. Ensure the new employee(s) complete all required forms accurately and timely upon
arrival on the Entry on Duty (EOD) date.
The command sponsor is responsible for making contact with the perspective new
employee prior to check-in for the purpose of ensuring a smooth arrival to the designated in-
processing location. In addition, the command sponsor will provide general office orientation such
as introducing the employee to team members and touring the work facilities; and answering
general work and local area orientation questions as needed.
d. Office of Civilian Human Resources (OCHR) Operations Center – In Processing team
is responsible for finalizing the regulatory transactions for the new hire/transfer in the Defense
Civilian Personnel Data System (DCPDS), which includes the payroll data as listed in Appendix B.
5. P ROCEDURES:
a. On-boarding Specialist will: