Seedfolks – Character Assignment – English 7
Instructions: Each chapter in Seedfolks is written from the perspective of a different character. On your piece of paper
that has been divided into squares, you will keep track of each of the 13 characters by collecting this information:
1. Character’s name
from the text in quotation marks and tell me what type
of figurative language it is.
2. Where is the character from originally?
7. A “moral of the story” or a “lesson that you
3. Contribution to the garden
learned”—consider: what does it mean, why does the
author include this character, what do they add to the
4. Character traits (adjectives to describe the character,
story, what is the author telling us, what do you find
you need at least 4)
5. Tone of the writing (use tone chart to help you, you
8. A direct quote from the chapter that supports your
need at least 4 tone words)
idea in number 7. We call this “textual evidence.” It
6. One example of figurative language from the text
proves your point. You will put this in quotation marks.
(simile, metaphor, personification, hyperbole, idiom,
9. Small picture of the character—don’t just copy the
alliteration or hyperbole). You will put the example
picture in the book—use textual evidence to draw your
Grading: You will turn this in when we finish reading the novel. I will grade this on effort and quality, particularly
numbers 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. I will take points off for spelling/capitalization errors. This will be worth 50 points.