Instructions for Judgment and Decree of Divorce
(Default) Form (With Children)
(*** Use this form only if the Defendant has not responded to the Complaint, you have served
the Defendant with a Notice of Intent to Take Default Judgment and Affidavit of Default, and
you have filed the necessary default forms, and asked for a Default Decree of Divorce.)
The Judgment and Decree of Divorce is signed by the Judge. You must wait at least sixty
(60) days after serving the Defendant before submitting your Decree of Divorce to the judge.
• Complete the top portion of the Judgment and Decree of Divorce (the “caption”) the same
as on the other documents you have filed in this divorce.
• In the second paragraph, insert the date on which the Defendant was served with the
Summons and Complaint.
• Indicate whether the either party has requested in the Complaint that their former name be
• YOU DO NOT SIGN THIS FORM – THE JUDGMENT AND DECREE OF
DIVORCE IS SIGNED BY THE JUDGE.
• Submit the Judgment and Decree of Divorce to the court. If the judge signs the judgment
and decree, the Clerk of Courts will send you a copy of the signed Judgment and Decree of
Divorce. You will need to send a copy of the Judgment and Decree of Divorce to the
Form UJS-322A Rev. 11/2010