Instructions for Judgment and Decree of Divorce
(Stipulation and Agreement with Children) Form
(*** Use this form only if you and the Defendant have signed a Stipulation and Settlement
Agreement with Children and you want to court to incorporate that agreement in your Judgment and
Decree of Divorce.)
The Judgment and Decree of Divorce is signed by the Judge. You must wait at least sixty
(60) days after serving the Defendant before submitting your Judgment and Decree of Divorce to
• Complete the top portion of the Judgment and Decree of Divorce (the “caption”) the
same as on the other documents you have filed in this divorce.
• In the second paragraph, insert the date and place that you were married. Also insert the
date on which the Defendant was served with the Summons and Complaint.
• Indicate whether the Plaintiff or Defendant has requested in the Complaint that her
former name be restored.
• YOU DO NOT SIGN – THE JUDGMENT AND DECREE OF DIVORCE IS
SIGNED BY THE JUDGE.
• Submit the Judgment and Decree of Divorce to the court. If the judge signs the decree,
the Clerk of Courts will send you a copy of the signed Judgment and Decree of Divorce.
You will need to send a copy of the Judgment and Decree of Divorce to the Defendant.
Form UJS-326A rev. 11/2010