Business Impact Analysis Worksheet
Department / Function / Process
Operational & Financial Impacts
Timing / Duration
Considerations (customize for your business)
Timing: Identify point in time when interruption
would have greater impact (e.g., season, end of
• Lost sales and income
Quantify operational impacts in financial terms.
• Negative cash flow resulting from delayed sales
Duration: Identify the duration of the interruption
• Increased expenses (e.g., overtime labor,
or point in time when the operational and or
outsourcing, expediting costs, etc.)
financial impact(s) will occur.
• Regulatory fines
• < 1 hour
• Contractual penalties or loss of contractual
• >1 hr. < 8 hours
• > 8 hrs. <24 hours
• Customer dissatisfaction or defection
• > 24 hrs. < 72 hrs.
• Delay executing business plan or strategic initiative
• > 72 hrs.
• > 1 week
• > 1 month