PATTERN FOR A PAIR OF KOALA MITTENS
DIRECTIONS FOR CUTTING AND SEWING
1. To make a pair of koala mittens cut out the koala mitten template below.
2. Place the template on a piece of clean, 100% cotton fabric, trace an
outline and repeat four times.
3. Cut out the four mitten shapes.
4. Sew two pieces of fabric together where the grey dotted lines appear
(around the sides and the top).
5. Once the sides and top have been sewn together, leave the bottom of the
material open for koala’s paws to go inside.
6. Use either left over material or a piece of ribbon (2cm wide x 16cm long)
to create a tie. Attach the tie where the X is indicated in the diagram below.
Wrap the tie around the mitten and tightened to secure.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 to create the second mitten.
Dotted lines indicate
where to sew around
sides and top of mitten
MITTEN TO SIZE
where to attach