Centre des armes à feu
APPLICATION FOR A LICENCE UNDER THE FIREARMS ACT (PAL)
(for individuals aged 18 and over)
Questions in BOLD with a " * " in front have special instructions explained on the Information Sheet attached. An incomplete application will result in
If you need help completing this form, call 1 800 731-4000. For additional information, visit our Web site at
Please print clearly in blue or black ink.
PART A: PERSONAL INFORMATION
(See Information Sheet)
1a) Last name
1b) First name
1c) Middle name
3a) Have you ever changed your name (including by marriage)?
3b) Previous last name
3c) Previous first name
If yes, indicate previous names in Boxes 3b) and 3c).
(Attach a separate page, if necessary.)
7. Telephone number and time when you may be contacted
5. Eye colour
ft / in
8b) Apt. / Unit
8a) Residence address - Street / Land Location
8d) Province / State
8f) Postal / Zip code
9b) Apt. / Unit
* 9a) Mailing address (if different from the residence address) - Street / Rural route / PO Box number
9d) Province / State
9f) Postal / Zip code
10a) Date of birth (Y-M-D)
11. If you were born outside of Canada, in what year
10b) Place of birth (City / Province / State / Country)
were you admitted to Canada?
12a) Have you ever had a Firearms Acquisition Certificate (FAC) or a firearms licence?
12b) Province of issue
If yes, please write your number (if known).
* 13a) Type of identification
* 13b) Province / State / Country of issue
*13c) Identification number
PART B: CLASSES OF FIREARMS CURRENTLY OWNED
14. Indicate the classes of firearms you currently own. (See Information Sheet for definitions.)
a) Non-restricted firearms
In order to expedite the process, please provide the Registration Certificate number of at least one of your
b) Restricted firearms
RESTRICTED or PROHIBITED firearms:
c) Prohibited firearms
PART C: OTHER INFORMATION
15. If you are a NON-RESIDENT OF CANADA, in which province or territory will you be using your firearm(s) the most?
16. Indicate the reason(s) that you are applying for this firearms licence.
a) To acquire non-restricted firearms
b) To acquire restricted firearms
c) To acquire prohibited firearms, including prohibited handguns
d) I am applying for a possession and acquisition licence for employment purposes
CAFC 1039 E (2004/04/15)