WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY
INDIVIDUAL PROMOTION RECOMMENDATION FORM
This recommendation form is to be completed by each department member for each person making
application for promotion. Subsequent to departmental action on the application, these recommendation
forms shall be forwarded to the dean/supervisor. Please indicate abstentions on this form if you wish to
Name of Person Being Considered for Promotion
Promotion shall be based on the principle of demonstrated consistent performance and high achievement.
The criteria to be used shall include:
1. Demonstrated ability to teach effectively and/or or perform effectively in other current
2. Scholarly or creative achievement or research,
3. Evidence of continuing preparation and study,
4. Contribution to student growth and development,
5. Service to the university and community.
ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF THIS FORM, PLEASE WRITE YOUR RECOMMENDATION.
ADDRESSING EACH OF THESE CRITERIA. The recommendations of the department members along
with documentation are sent to the dean by the last day of January of that year or the date as specified on
the annual WSU Academic Deadline Calendar. Unsigned recommendations, abstentions, and
recommendations unsupported by comments on each of the criteria are not counted. Unsigned
recommendations will be discarded.
Name of Recommender
Signature of Recommender,
Ref: WSU Reg 3-13
WSU Form SL-30919