Complete and use the buttons at the end to send electronically or to print for mailing.
SD EForm - 1809
The purpose of this questionnaire is to aid the South Dakota Department of Revenue & Regulation in determining whether the taxpayer has
established sufficient nexus or a physical presence in the State of South Dakota to require the taxpayer to register with the state and begin
collecting and remitting applicable sales, use and contractors’ excise tax. Please fill in the questionnaire as completely as possible and return
to the Department. This questionnaire is NOT a license application. Please contact our department at 1-800-829-9188 to request
an application or you may download an application from our web site at
A. GENERAL INFORMATION (
lease print or type)
1a. Legal Name
1b. DBA (Fictitious Name)
2. Federal Employers Identification Number (FEIN)
4. Web Site ___________________________________________
E-Mail Address _____________________________________________________
5. Type of Ownership: (Check one)
Limited Liability Co.
Limited Liability Partnership
Other (describe): ________________________________________
6. Do you have any current or cancelled tax licenses issued by the SD Department of Revenue & Regulation?
If "Yes", indicate the SD Sales, Use, or Contractors' Excise Tax license number: ______________________________
7. Description of Products Sold/Services Provided: _____________________________________________________________________________
8. How often do you sell to customers in South Dakota:
1-5 times per year
As customer requests
9. How many customers do you have in South Dakota? __________ (Please attach listing of SD customers and their taxable/exempt status)
10. Estimated yearly sales in SD: Sales Taxable ____________________
Non-Taxable Sales ____________________
11. When did you start doing business in South Dakota? ____________________
12. Has your company discontinued doing business in South Dakota?
If "Yes", indicate your last date of sale: ____________________
13. What other states (besides South Dakota) are you currently doing business in? _______________________________________________________
B. SOUTH DAKOTA BUSINESS ACTIVITIES (Answer the following questions based on the entity's activities)
Does your company:
Have a location in South Dakota?
Have service people that call on customers in South Dakota?
Have salespeople (resident or nonresident) that enter SD to promote or sell your products and services?
Have independent reps (resident or nonresident) that enter SD to promote or sell your products and services?
Own property in South Dakota?
Lease tangible personal property in South Dakota?
Install or repair products in South Dakota?
Have contracts with a third party to build, install, repair, or service equipment or products in South Dakota?
Have displays at trade shows or farm shows?
10. Sell samples, brochures, display or promotional items in South Dakota?
11. Sell strictly to customers that will be reselling your products?