YMCA JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Youth Program Director
Reports to: President/CEO
Revision Date: July 12, 2013
Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA program(s)
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA
objectives (see detailed list below).
2. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with
strategic and operating plans. Coordinates special events and activities.
3. Develops and controls department budgets related to the position ensuring use of resources in a
fiscally responsible manner. Makes adjustments to ensure monthly, quarterly and/or annual goals are
achieved through growth and expense controls.
4. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews
and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and volunteers and achieve
5. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information via written, web or social media.
Responsible for development of program registration forms and systems. May be involved in the
review and processing of program scholarship applications. Develops relevant registration materials
6. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community with a focus on
developing and maintaining strong relationships with schools and school districts.
7. Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
8. Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/boards
9. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member
and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
10. Maintains necessary program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation
in program. Provides data and reports as required for assigned programs.
11. Assures compliance with state and local regulations in all areas. Ensures that program standards are
met and safety procedures are followed. Incorporates YUSA and national best practices for program
development and implementation.
SAN GABRIEL VALLEY YMCA
1603 S. Stimson Ave.
Hacienda Heights CA 91745
626 339 6221