The American Legion
Eagle Scout of the Year
Telephone number: (
photograph in Scout uniform
Is your Boy Scout Troop, Varsity Scout Team, or Venturing
Crew chartered to an American Legion post, American
Legion Auxiliary unit or Sons of The American Legion
If YES, please complete the following:
THE NOMINEE MUST:
Are you the son or grandson of a Legionnaire or Auxiliary
• Be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout Troop, Varsity
member? _____ If yes, please complete the following:
Scout Team, or Venturing Crew chartered to an American Legion
post, American Legion Auxiliary unit or Sons of The American
(Name of Member)
• Be a registered, active member of a chartered Boy Scout Troop,
Varsity Scout Team, or Venturing Crew, and the son or grandson
of a Legionnaire or Auxiliary member.
• Received the Eagle Scout Award.
• Be an active member of his religious institution and must have
received the appropriate Boy Scout religious emblem.
• Have demonstrated practical citizenship in church, school,
Scouting, and community.
• Have reached his 15th birthday and be enrolled in high school at
the time of selection.
• Reside in the department (state) to which he applies
APPLICANTS: DO NOT SEND THIS APPLICATION
Note: Eagle Scouts still in high school who reached their
DIRECTLY TO NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS.
18th birthday during the nomination year remain eligible if
SUBMIT TO YOUR AMERICAN LEGION
DEPARTMENT (STATE) HEADQUARTERS.