Terms and Conditions of Authorization Agreement
Sections I and III
1. Those taxpayers who elect to file and remit taxes by electronic transfer must remit taxes in this manner for a
minimum period of one year. This election must be made in writing on a form prescribed by the secretary at least
one month before the electronic fund transaction begins and must be approved by the department.
Any time after the one year minimum period, the taxpayer may elect to terminate participation in the SD QUEST
program by written notification being received by the Department of Revenue & Regulation (DRR). The taxpayer
shall specify the effective date of the last filing and payment. Once SD QUEST is terminated, future payments
and returns must be made to the department by the non-electronic due date.
2. Those taxpayers who elect to remit taxes by electronic transfer, who are not timely in transmitting the tax payment
or in filing the tax return, may have their privilege canceled. There will be a $20 charge for the costs of collecting
a payment transmitted electronically which is not paid to the department because the transaction was not honored.
Interest will also be assessed based on the non-electronic due date.
3. When the debit option is used, the taxpayer shall notify the department by the use of SD QUEST telefile or
internet program by the 23rd day of the month. The department will debit your bank account on the second to the
last working day of the month. When the credit option is used, the taxpayer shall file using the SD QUEST telefile
or internet program by the 23rd day of the month and the payment must be received by DRR’s bank on or before
the second to the last working day of the month
4. The taxpayer remitting tax payments electronically shall notify the DRR of any changes in bank or account
number at least one month before the next electronic payment is due.
5. The confirmation number received by the taxpayer in a SD QUEST transaction shall be retained in the taxpayer’s
records for at least three years.
6. In section III fill in your, DRR license number and choose a 6 number PIN. The PIN is required, along with the
DRR assigned Tax ID number, to access the SD QUEST telefile and internet system. DRR will notify the
taxpayer of their Tax ID number upon acceptance of their application.
Depositor Account Information
John Q. Taxpayer
Anytown, USA 12345
Pay to the order of:________________________________________________________ $
Any Bank Center
ABC Street, Anytown, USA 12345
" " " " "
Bank Account Number
PRINT FOR MAILING