APPLICATION FOR EXEMPTION
Office Use Only
_______ - ___________________________
ERIE COUNTY REAL PROPERTY TAXES
Erie County Board of Assessment Appeals
Received By: ________________________
Erie County Court House
140 West Sixth Street, Room 104
Erie, Pennsylvania 16501-1097
NOTICE: This application must be accompanied by a non-refundable Filing Fee (make checks payable to County of Erie) for
processing before it is considered a valid Exemption Application, per County Council Ordinance No. 157-2007. The filing fee
is $50.00 per parcel, or where several parcels comprise a property as a whole, $50.00 for the main parcel plus $10.00 for each
additional parcel that comprises the whole.
1. County Index Number: I.D.
2. Location of Property ____________________________________________________________________
3. Name of Owner __________________________________________________
4. Name of Applicant _______________________________________________
5. Correspondence should be mailed to:
6. Property Description:
Lot Size _______________________Building Size _______________________
7. Date of Permit _____________Permit Number ______________Proposed Completion Date ____________
(Copy of Building Permit must be attached.)
Single Family Unit ______Multi Family Unit __________Intended Purpose: Resale ______ Rental _______
Builder must give written notice to the Assessment Office when building is sold, occupied, rented or
leased, and/or submit copies of all leases if applicable. If multi-unit rental, please give written
notice to the Assessment Office as each unit is occupied.
NOTE: Builders Exemptions No additional information is required. Please sign and return.
8. Describe Use of Building _____________________________________________________
Describe Use of Land (including any parking lots) _________________________________
9. State the reason why you believe this property, or a part thereof, should be exempt.
10. Receipts and Disbursements: (Note: Churches need not complete Item 10)
A) Attach list of source and amounts of receipts for your preceding fiscal year.
B) Attach list of the recipient and amount of disbursements for the same period.
-See Reverse Side-
11. Attach a copy of your Charter. (If none, then attach copy of the by-laws.)