Military Assistance Panel Program Registration Form Oregon

Download a blank fillable Military Assistance Panel Program Registration Form Oregon in PDF format just by clicking the "DOWNLOAD PDF" button.

Open the file in any PDF-viewing software. Adobe Reader or any alternative for Windows or MacOS are required to access and complete fillable content.

Complete Military Assistance Panel Program Registration Form Oregon with your personal data - all interactive fields are highlighted in places where you should type, access drop-down lists or select multiple-choice options.

Some fillable PDF-files have the option of saving the completed form that contains your own data for later use or sending it out straight away.


Military Assistance Panel-Protecting the Protectors
Legal Assistance in Oregon
The Oregon State Bar’s Military Assistance Panel connects Oregon lawyers with
Oregon’s deployed servicemembers and their dependents in need of legal help.
Since 2003 the Oregon State Bar has been addressing legal concerns that Oregon service
members may face immediately before, after, and during deployment. Federal and state
legislation provide legal protections for a variety of legal issues to persons entering or called
to active duty in the US armed forces. Although many military personnel and their families
are aware of the Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act (SCRA), they may not have the legal
expertise or financial resources available to take advantage of the Act’s important
provisions. Information on the Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and state laws
protecting service men and women is available here.
The Oregon State Bar administers a referral panel that lists lawyers willing to help military
personnel and their families. Our volunteer lawyers have been trained to provide legal
assistance relating to the SCRA and a range of other legal issues. Due to the nature of
military deployments, family law is generally the most common type of legal service sought
by servicemembers from our volunteers. However, we also receive requests for volunteers
to help with consumer and debtor/creditor law, real property (including foreclosure and
landlord/tenant) law, and estate planning.
Lawyer volunteers should expect to offer one or two hours of pro bono advice and
counseling to MAP clients. Additional pro bono representation is encouraged but not
How It Works
For Servicemembers:
1. Contact the Oregon Army National Guard at (503) 584-3571 for an authorization
(military reference or “MR”) number; and then,
2. Contact the Oregon State Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service at (503) 684-3763 for a
referral to a participating lawyer; and then,
3. Contact the participating lawyer and let them know you were referred through the
Military Assistance Panel.
For Participating Attorneys:
1. Complete and return the attached registration form. Once we process your registration,
you will receive an email confirmation.
2. When a servicemember is referred to you, we will send you a confirmation email with
the servicemember’s Military Referral (“MR”) number.


00 votes

Related Articles

Related forms

Related Categories

Parent category: Business
Page of 2