Division Word Problems (3÷1)
Solve each problem.
A n s w e r s
1) Edward's dad bought 459 centimeters of string. If he cut the string into 9 equal pieces, what
would be the length of each piece?
2) A vase can hold 9 flowers. If a florist had 891 flowers, how many vases would she need?
3) An architect was building a hotel downtown. He bought 642 lamps to put in the rooms. If
each room gets 2 lamps, how many rooms does the hotel have?
4) A mailman has to give out 455 pieces of junk mail. If he goes to 7 blocks how many pieces
of junk mail should he give each block?
5) Amy had 180 video games. If she placed the games into 9 different stacks, how many
games would be in each stack?
6) Adam had 296 pieces of candy. If he split the candy into 8 bags with the same amount of
candy in each bag, how many pieces would each bag have in it?
7) Zoe bought 832 bottles of water when they were on sale. If she drank 4 bottles a day how
many days would they last her?
8) Luke made 189 dollars mowing lawns over the summer. If he only had 9 customers and
each person paid the same amount, how much did each person pay?
9) There are 336 students in a school. If the school has 7 grades and each grade had the same
number of students, how many students were in each grade?
10) Isabel had 312 pennies. If she put them into stacks with 3 in each stack, how many stacks
could she make?
1-10 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0