Division Word Problems (3÷1)
Solve each problem.
A n s w e r s
1) A mailman has to give out 752 pieces of junk mail. If he goes to 8 blocks how many pieces
of junk mail should he give each block?
2) Sarah had 450 pennies. If she put them into stacks with 6 in each stack, how many stacks
could she make?
3) The roller coaster at the state fair costs 9 tickets per ride. If you had 900 tickets, how many
times could you ride it?
4) Katie had 903 video games. If she placed the games into 7 different stacks, how many
games would be in each stack?
5) A school ordered 904 new pencils for the state tests. If they gave each student 8 pencils,
how many students are in the school?
6) An ice machine had 973 ice cubes in it. If you were filling up 7 ice chests and each chest
got the same number of cubes, how many ice cubes would each chest get?
7) Zoe had 616 quarters. If it costs 7 quarters for each coke from a coke machine, how many
could she buy?
8) Luke was played 5 rounds of a trivia game and scored 300 points. If he gained the same
number of points each round, how many points did he score per round?
9) A pallet of boxes weighed 352 kilograms. If there were 4 boxes on the pallet and each box
weighed the same amount, how much did each weigh?
10) Isabel uploaded 742 pics to Facebook. If she put the pics into 7 albums with the same
number of photos in each album, how many photos were in each album?
1-10 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0