146 Made Up Road Birmingham B5 3LP
Tel: 0121 233 5544
Mobile: 0776 444 2233
A competent and committed credit controller with valuable experience of working in
the finance departments of major companies. Knowledge of developing, implementing
and maintaining effective and professional credit control systems.
Highly focused on issues such as reviewing a companies credit control procedures
and developing and implementing enhancements where required. A consistent track
record of successfully employing best business practices that improve efficiency,
reduce operating costs whilst increasing productivity, all to tight time scales and
within budget. Looking to join a reputable organisation that offers excellent
opportunities for progression and development.
Marstons Engineering – Birmingham
April 2010 - Present
Responsible for assessing the risk on new accounts by way of the credit information
provided, reading financial accounts and establishing trading histories. Also
responsible for managing the money loaned to or owed to the business and involved in
all the stages of arranging loan facilities, payments and debt recovery.
• Making checks with banks about a potential customer's credit rating.
• Having to make decisions as to whether to offer credit to a client.
• Arranging the terms and conditions for any financial agreements.
• Ensuring any payments are made on time.
• Involved in the re-negotiating of agreements.
• Updating customer records & ensuring that administrative records are up to date.
• Identifying accounts that will require special attention or investigation.
• Visiting customers and travelling to business meetings.
• Sending out copy invoices, monthly statements and cash allocations.
• Manipulating data on excel and running age debt reports.
Roberts floor supplies - Solihull
May 2008 – March 2010
Was responsible for developing the companies credit policy after consulting with other
departments like, sales and purchasing. Ensured that the company was up to date
with new credit management procedures and techniques.
• Arranged and set up Direct Debit payment systems.
• Investigated misallocated cash and monies gone missing.
• Wrote detailed reports for the credit manager.
• Stopped the supply of goods or services to overdue accounts.
• Completed monthly and weekly reconciliations.
• Monitored retention balances.