Remote Hire Notary Form
To be completed by a Notary Public acting as an Authorized Agent
The Florida State University is requesting you act as our representative to validate identification documents on our
behalf. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires employers to verify the employment eligibility of
employees that work in the US based on review of required documents to establish identity and work eligibility. Due to
this employee’s remote employment, we are asking you to serve as our representative in completing the Form I-9 by
examining and identifying the original documents and signing the Form I-9 as our authorized agent. The Form I-9 does
not need to be notarized.
Please follow the link provided below to find the most up-to-date Form I-9 and instructions. The I-9 Instructions should
be read before completion of the I-9. Please refer to the “List of Acceptable Documents” on page 9 of the Instructions
linked below to view the acceptable documents the employee may present.
Completing the Remote I-9 Process:
1. Verify the employee has completed Section 1 of the Form I-9 prior to completion of Section 2.
2. Once the acceptable and original documents are presented and seem to be genuine, please fill in the
requested information pertaining to the documents in Section 2.
3. Enter the employee’s Date of Hire (see Department Section below)
4. Complete the Authorized Representative Information in Section 2 by signing, dating, entering your title,
and printing your name.
5. Enter the Employer’s information:
a. Name: The Florida State University
b. Address: 600 W. College Avenue, Tallahassee, FL 32306
6. Complete the Remote Hire Notary Form.
7. FAX both forms immediately to a) the I-9 Administrator in HR at 850-645-9506 Attn: Andrew Kapec and b)
your department for their records.
8. MAIL the originals to: Human Resources, 6200 A University Center, Tallahassee, Florida, 32306-2410 Attn:
State of ____________________________
County of ____________________________
Subscribed and sworn (or affirmed) before me on the _____ day of _________________, 20____, by
______________________________, proved to me on the basis of satisfactory evidence to be the person who appeared
Notary Public Signature
Department Information – This section to be completed by hiring department only.
DEPT FAX #:
Employee’s Date of Hire:
DEPT Contact Phone:
FSU I-9 Administrator: Andrew Kapec
FSU I-9 Administrator Phone: 850-645-2781