Notice of Bankruptcy and First Meeting of Creditors
(Subsection 102(1) of the Act)
(Title Form 1)
Take notice that:
1. ________________________ (name of bankrupt) filed (or was deemed to have filed) an assignment (or A
bankruptcy order was made against __________________________ (name of bankrupt)) on the ___ day of
_______________ __________, and the undersigned, ________________________ (name of trustee), was
appointed as trustee of the estate of the bankrupt by the official receiver (or the court), subject to affirmation by the
creditors of the trustee's appointment or substitution of another trustee by the creditors.
2. The first meeting of creditors of the bankrupt will be held on ____________________ (date), at
______________ (time) at the office of __________________________ (meeting office), at
________________________ (address of meeting office).
3. To be entitled to vote at the meeting, a creditor must lodge with the trustee, before the meeting, a proof of claim
and, where necessary, a proxy.
4. Enclosed with this notice is a form of proof of claim, a form of proxy, and a list of creditors with claims
amounting to 25 dollars or more, showing the amounts of their claims.
5. Creditors must prove their claims against the estate of the bankrupt in order to share in any distribution of the
proceeds realized from the estate.
(Where the bankrupt is an individual, include paragraph 6.)
6. Included pursuant to paragraph 102(3)(a) of the Act, is information concerning the financial situation of the
bankrupt and the obligation of the bankrupt to make payments to the estate of the bankrupt, as required under section
68 of the Act.
Dated at __________________, this ______ day of __________ ______.
If a copy of this Notice is sent electronically by means such as email, the name and
contact information of the sender, prescribed in Form 1.1, must be added at the end of the