District of Columbia Government
Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Limited Liability Partnership
Version 2, June 2010.
Use this form (FLLP-1) to register a Foreign Limited Liability Partnership.
Foreign Limited Liability Partnership
Refer to Corporate Fee Schedule posted online;
Under the provisions of the District of Columbia Uniform Partnership Act of 1996, We, the undersigned partners,
present this Application for Certificate of Authority of Foreign Limited Liability Partnership for filing.
1. Entity Name
2. Partnership Designation elected in the District (Add LLP or RLLP if
this designation is not required by the state of formation.)
3. Formed under the laws of which state or country
4. Date of formation
5. Term of Existence
6. Date you started or will start transacting business in the District of
7. Address of partnership in the state / country where it is formed. (If the principal address is outside the state of formation, give the RA in the
state of formation.)
8. Address of partnership in the District. (If partnership does not have
9. Name of Registered Agent and address of registered office in the
address in DC, then a Registered Agent is required)
District. (Attach Form RA-1: Registered Agent's Written Consent)
10. Briefly describe the proposed activity the partnership will transact in the District of Columbia
11. List all partners (attach list if you need more space)
12. Attach an original Certificate of Good Standing (Certificate of Existence) from the Registration Authority in the State/Country of Formation
that is not over 30 days old. (A Certificate of Good Standing from Tax or Licensing Authority is not sufficient.)
13. Partner executing this form
If you sign this application, you agree that you understand that anyone who makes a false statement anywhere on it can be
punished by criminal penalties of a fine up to $1000, imprisonment up to 180 days, or both, under DCOC § 22-2405.
Mail all forms and required payment to:
Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
PO Box 92300
Washington, DC 20090
Phone: (202) 442-4400
Please check dcra.dc.gov to view organizations required to register, to search business names, to get step-by-step guidelines to register an
organization, to search registered organizations, and to download forms and documents. Just click on "Corporate Registrations."