District of Columbia Government
Application for Certificate of Authority for Foreign Limited Partnership
Version 2, July 2010.
Use this form (FLP-1) to register a Foreign Limited Partnership.
If the General Partner is a Corporation or LLC, you must register the entity in the District of Columbia before you file this application.
Foreign Limited Partnership
Refer to Corporate Fee Schedule posted online;
m Limited Partnership Act of 1987, I, the undersigned General
Under the provisions of the District of Columbia Unifor
Partner, present this Application for filing.
1. Entity Name
2. Partnership Designation elected in the District (Add LP if this
designation is not required by the state of formation.)
3. Formed under the laws of which state or country
4. Date of formation
5. Term of Existence
6. Date you started or will start transacting business in the District
7. Address of partnership in state where it is formed. (If the principal
8. Name of Registered Agent and address of registered office in the
address is outside the state of formation, give the RA in the state of
District of Columbia: (Attach Form RA-1: Registered Agent's Written
The Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs is appointed as the Registered Agent of the Foreign Limited Partnership if:
you do not appoint a Registered Agent (Item 8)
the Registered Agent's authority has been revoked, or
the Registered Agent cannot be found or served through the exercise of reasonable diligence.
10. Briefly describe the proposed activity the partnership will transact in the District of Columbia.
11. List all general partners (attach list if you need more space).
12. Attach an original Certificate of Good Standing (Certificate of Existence) from the Registration Authority in the State/Country of Formation
that is not over 30 days old. (A Certificate of Good Standing from Tax or Licensing Authority is not sufficient.)
13. Address (if it is not the principal office in Item 7) where you maintain a list of general and limited partners' names, addresses, and their
15. General Partner executing this form
If you sign this application, you agree that you understand that anyone who makes a false statement anywhere on it can be
punished by criminal penalties of a fine up to $1000, imprisonment up to 180 days, or both, under DCOC § 22-2405.
Mail all forms and required payment to:
Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
PO Box 92300
Washington, DC 20090
Phone: (202) 442-4400
Please check dcra.dc.gov to view organizations required to register, to search business names, to get step-by-step guidelines to register an
organization, to search registered organizations, and to download forms and documents. Just click on "Corporate Registrations."