laim to personal allowances and tax repayment
by an individual not resident in the UK
Year to 5 April YYYY
If any of your
them out and
Use this form to claim UK tax allowances if:
• give full details of all your UK taxable income for the year
(with joint accounts only enter your share)
• you are an individual and you are not resident in the
United Kingdom (UK)
• remember to sign the declaration on page 4
• you received income in the UK in the tax year above
Please read the notes for information about where to send
the completed form, or go to and search for
To help complete this form correctly, please read the booklet
‘where to send R43’.
‘Guidance notes for form R43(2016)’, and you must:
Our phone number is:
• complete the year you are claiming for in the boxes above
+44 135 535 9022 (or 0300 200 3300 if you are calling
• give all the information we ask for (attach a separate sheet
from the UK).
to the form if you need more room)
When we receive the claim, we will work out any tax
we owe you.
Were you (or do you expect to be) resident
If you have answered:
in the UK for the tax year this claim is for?
• 'No', answer question A2
• 'Yes', don’t use this form. You will need to use
Tick relevant box Yes
form R40 – the claim form for a UK resident.
What was your last UK address?
If you were previously resident in the UK.
On what date did you leave the UK? DD.MM.YYYY
Personal details of claimant
Enter your name and address below
Enter a phone number (include International Dialling Code)
where we can contact you. This may help us to process
Title (Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss or other)
your claim more quickly.
Best time to call
If you have a tax adviser, please give us their details below
Date of birth
if you have one)
HMRC need to hold a valid form 64-8 ‘Authorising your
agent’ to allow correspondance with your agent.