NYC DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
PROGRAM OPERATIONS DIVISION
CERTIFICATE OF CONTINUING ELIGIBILITY FOR COMMERCIAL REVITALIZATION/
EXPANSION ABATEMENT AND COMMERCIAL RENT TAX SPECIAL REDUCTION
Mail to: NYC Department of Finance, Exemptions Unit, 59 Maiden Lane, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10038
INSTRUCTIONS: A Certificate of Continuing Eligibility must be filed annually, on or before July
1st. Failure to timely file this form may result in revocation of benefits. For further information
contact Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS CERTIFICATE MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL BY THE TENANT
Property Tax Abatement Reduction
CRT Special Reduction
SECTION A: APPLICANT INFORMATION
2. Borough:_________ Block: _________ Lot: __________
NUMBER AND STREET
Telephone No.: ______________________
PRINT FIRST NAME
PRINT LAST NAME
6. Tenantʼs Employer
7. Tenantʼs email address: ___________________________________________________________________________
SECTION B: ELIGIBLE PREMISES INFORMATION
1. Are you using the premises for the same purposes?
2. Square footage of space leased by you in the eligible premises: ___________________________________
3. Are any areas of your space subleased or occupied by other entities?
4. If you answered “YES” to Question 3, complete the following:
a. Date when sublet commenced: ______/______/______
b. Sublet Square Footage:________________
c. Explain Relationship:__________________________________________________________________________
PLEASE ATTACH NOTIFICATION OF ELIGIBILITY LETTER
SECTION C: AGREEMENTS AND REPRESENTATIONS
Agreements 1 through 4 refer to applicants who filed for CRT reduction benefits only
Agreements 1 through 8 refer to all other applicants
1. The applicant certifies the following: (a) The eligible premises listed above continues to be leased and occupied only by
the tenant/applicant who first signed the lease (unless something different is stated on this form). (b) It is used for the com-
mercial purpose certified by the previous Certificate of Eligibility/Abatement. (c) They shall agree to comply with the state-
ments, agreements and representations listed on this form.
2. If this building has been apportioned or merged in the past year, the applicant shall provide this information in a statement
attached to this agreement.
3. The applicant will provide additional information when necessary.
4. The applicant will comply with any changes to the rules of the Property Abatement/CRT Special Reduction Program.
5. The applicant has paid all taxes and charges due on the property.
6. The applicant will comply with all sections of law and regulations relating to the construction, maintenance and operation
of the property.
7. Information will be plainly disclosed in an attachment to this form if the applicant or owner, officer, director or general
partner currently has arson charges pending in NYC or anywhere else.
8. Any new, owner(s) or persons or company now associated, and not named in the original application, will be reported in the
next Certificate of Continuing Use filed. These companies or persons shall not have been found guilty of arson within seven
years before the application. A detailed statement will be attached to this application if charges or arson are pending.
Visit Finance at nyc.gov/finance
PRO-9703 Rev. 04.17.12