DMV Cheat Sheet
• In densely packed snow you should...use chains or snow tires.
• If you must drive during heavy snow or fog, use your... low-beam headlights.
• Alcohol-related highway deaths account for... 38% of all traffic fatalities.
• If you accumulate 7 or more points on your traffic record you may... attend a
Driver Improvement Clinic to deduct three points from your driving record.
• The traffic conviction that adds the highest number of points (5) to your
driving record is... passing a stopped school bus that is loading or unloading
• "Secondary roads" are roads where... hills are more likely to be more steep
and curves are likely to be more sharp than on primary roads.
• Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit in cities and towns is... 35 miles per
• To have a revoked driver license restored, you must... visit a driver license
office, pay a restoration fee, and reapply for a license.
• When three vehicles reach a 4-way stop at the same, the right of way
belongs to... the car on the right.
• If a vehicle sways freely, leans heavily to one side during a turn or seems to
bounce continuously, there may be a problem with the... suspension system.
• If you experience a breakdown, you should... pull over to the side of the road
and raise the hood of your car.
• To maintain a safe driving distance between your car and the car in front of
you, you should... use the two-second rule.
• If you take any medication before you drive, you should... find out what
effect the medicine has.
• If you are planning a long road trip, you should... stop and rest every 100
• Before passing another vehicle, you should... look ahead to ensure that there
is enough room for you to pass.
• When driving down a very steep hill, you should... shift into a lower gear to
control your speed.
• If you run off the side of the road, you should... gradually take your foot off
the gas pedal.
• When travelling on rural highways, farm equipment usually... travels at its
maximum speed of 15-20 mph.
• If you are driving into a circle you should... yield to cars already in the circle.
• If you are in a crash, you should... move your car off of the road.
• School buses are required to... stop at all railroad crossings.
• In city traffic, you should... be alert for drivers who make quick stops.
• Truckers have serious blind spots into which cars can disappear from view.