Application For The America The Beautiful - The National Parks And Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass

Download a blank fillable Application For The America The Beautiful - The National Parks And Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass in PDF format just by clicking the "DOWNLOAD PDF" button.

Open the file in any PDF-viewing software. Adobe Reader or any alternative for Windows or MacOS are required to access and complete fillable content.

Complete Application For The America The Beautiful - The National Parks And Federal Recreational Lands Access Pass with your personal data - all interactive fields are highlighted in places where you should type, access drop-down lists or select multiple-choice options.

Some fillable PDF-files have the option of saving the completed form that contains your own data for later use or sending it out straight away.


NPS Form 10-596 (Rev. 08/2017)
OMB Control No. 1024-0252
Expiration Date 9/2020
National Park Service
U.S. Department of the Interior - Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service
U.S. Department of Agriculture - Forest Service - U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
About the Access Pass:
The Access Pass is a free, lifetime pass available to United States citizens or permanent residents, regardless of age, that have
a permanent disability. The Pass can be used at over 2000 Federal recreation sites across the nation, including National Parks,
National Wildlife Refuges, and many National Forest and other federal recreation lands. The Access Pass admits the Pass
owner and any passengers traveling with him/her in a single non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas or the Pass owner
and three additional adults where per-person fees are charged. The Access Pass may also offer a discount on some expanded
amenity fees, such as camping. Discounts offered by the Pass vary widely across the many different types of recreation sites.
Pass owners are encouraged to check with sites they plan to visit before obtaining a Pass to verify that their Pass will be
accepted. Anytime a Pass is used, photo identification will be requested to verify Pass ownership.
How to Obtain an Access Pass:
The Pass may be obtained two ways, either at a federal recreation site where entrance or standard amenity fees are charged or
through the mail. To obtain a Pass you must have photo identification to verify that you are a U.S. citizen or permanent
resident, which could include:
A U.S. State or Territory issued Driver’s License, Identification, or Birth Certificate
A U.S. Passport or Passport Card
A Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
You must also provide documentation that you have a permanent disability, which could include:
A statement signed by a licensed physician attesting that you have a permanent physical, mental, or sensory
impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and stating the nature of the impairment;
A document issued by a Federal agency, such as the U.S. Department of Veterans Administration, which attests that
you have been medically determined to be eligible to receive Federal benefits as a result of blindness or permanent
disability. Other acceptable Federal agency documents include proof of receipt of Social Security Disability Income
(SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI);
A document issued by a State agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency, which attests that you have been
medically determined to be eligible to receive vocational rehabilitation agency benefits or services as a result of
medically determined blindness or permanent disability. Showing a State motor vehicle department disability sticker,
license plate or hang tag is not acceptable documentation.
Obtaining a Pass Through the Mail
To obtain an Access Pass through the mail you must complete this application, provide a photocopy of proof of citizenship or
residency, documentation of disability and pay the processing fee. The cost of obtaining an Access Pass through the mail is ten
dollars ($10) for processing the application (the Pass is free).
Obtaining a Pass in Person
If you apply for an Access Pass at a Federal recreation site you do NOT need to fill out this application. When you
arrive at the recreation site, the officer selling the pass will verify your documentation of disability and that you are a U.S. citizen
or permanent resident by checking your identification. You will then be issued the Pass. The Pass is free if obtained in person,
there is no processing fee. Before making a trip to obtain a Pass, be sure to contact the site to ensure that they have passes
Replacement Passes:
Lost or stolen Passes cannot be replaced at this time. If your Pass has been lost or stolen you must purchase a new one.
Worn or damaged Passes can be replaced free of charge at any recreation site where Passes are issued, or through the mail by
returning the Pass with this application and paying the ten dollar ($10) processing fee.


00 votes

Related Articles

Related forms

Related Categories

Parent category: Legal
Page of 3