Directions: Read each question. Then circle the letter next to the answer that
completes the sentence.
1. James Naismith used a soccer ball and peach basket to invent ____________.
2. Alexander Graham Bell invented the ____________.
a. traffic light
b. light bulb
3. Levi Strauss and Jacob Davis invented ____________.
a. blue jeans
b. cowboy hats
c. cowboy boots
4. George Washington Carver invented over 300 things that can be made from ____.
5. Drivers can see out of their cars when it rains, because Mary Anderson invented
c. windshield wiper
6. Thomas Edison invented the incandescent ____________.
a. light bulb
b. CD player
c. inline skates
7. Ruth Wakefield put pieces of a chocolate bar into some batter and accidentally
b. chocolate cake
c. chocolate chip cookies