BUSINESS PLAN OUTLINE
Use the following outline to summarize your business planning
decisions. Title each section of your written plan as indicated in the
outline. Write, in your own words. Answers to the questions listed.
Each question can be the start of a new paragraph. If a question does
not apply, explain why it does not apply.
Tip: You don’t have to win a Pulitzer Prize here. You don’t have to be a
great writer. The readers will care more about what the plan says that
how it is written. Write the most clear and simple answers you can to
the questions listed.
A) BUSINESS PLAN SUMMARY
1) Describe your products and services.
2) Describe the history of your business if it is an existing business, or
how you developed your idea to start a new business.
3) Describe the legal structure of your business- sole proprietorship,
partnership, or corporation.
4) Describe your experience in this business and how it will help you
5) Describe you reason for believing the business will succeed.
B) MARKETING PLAN
1) Products or Services
What customer need or want is being filled?
What are the features and benefits of your products or
How will your product be made or how will your services be
Who will supply the materials?
What future products/services will you offer, and when?