Finding Temperature Changes
Solve each problem.
A n s w e r s
1) A weather station predicted the temperature on Saturday would be 65°F. If the actual
temperature was 15° colder than their prediction, what temperature was it?
2) A news station reported that the current temperature was 56°F, but next week it would be
22° warmer. What temperature will it be next week?
3) A city in Alaska had a temperature of 74°F during the day, but at night the temperature
dropped to 48°F. How much colder was it at night?
4) The temperature inside a car was 120°F. After turning on the air conditioner the
temperature dropped 26°. What temperature was it after the air conditioner was turned on?
5) On Sunday it was 67°F. On Monday it was 78° F. How much did the temperature change
between Sunday and Monday?
6) Sarah measured the temperature of her soda and found that it was 77°F. After putting it in
her freezer for an hour it was 52°F. How much did the freezer cool her soda down?
7) Sarah set the thermostat in her house to 73°F, which was 19° cooler than the temperature
outside. What temperature was it outside?
8) When Sarah went to the park at 2:30 PM it was 82°F. By the time she left it had gotten 11°
cooler. What temperature was it when she left the park?
9) Sarah poured a glass of tea that was 101°F. After she added some ice cubes the temperature
dropped to 73°F. How much did the ice cool down her tea?
10) Tommy read in his science book about a planet that was 232°F during the day but at night
the temperature dropped 70°. What temperature was the planet at night?
1-10 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0