Finding Temperature Changes
Solve each problem.
A n s w e r s
1) Sarah poured a glass of tea that was 100°F. After she added some ice cubes the temperature
dropped to 75°F. How much did the ice cool down her tea?
2) The instructions to cook a pizza say to set the oven at 339°F. If Sarah set her oven at 352°
F, how much warmer was her oven than the instructions said?
3) A weather station predicted the temperature on Saturday would be 57°F. If the actual
temperature was 10° warmer than their prediction, what temperature was it?
4) A desert in Africa had an average temperature last year of 107°F. If the average
temperature this year was 14° warmer, what is the average temperature this year?
5) In July, the average temperature in Florida was 98°F, while the average temperature in
California was 6° cooler. What was the average temperature in California?
6) Sarah heated up a slice of pizza in the microwave. When she got the pizza out it was 148°F.
If the microwave heated it up 44°, what temperature was it when she originally put the
7) The average temperature for January was 45°F. The average temperature for February was
17° warmer. What was the average temperature for February?
8) Tommy read was reading a book about a planet that was 303°F during the day and 170°F at
night. What is the difference between the temperature during the day and the temperature
9) An industrial machine is 213°F when it's being used. After being unused for an hour the
machine cools down to 167°F. How much does the machine cool down?
10) A scientist had a liquid that was 90°F. If he needed to heat it up another 19° for an
experiment, what temperature was he trying to make the liquid?
1-10 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0