Finding Temperature Changes
Solve each problem.
A n s w e r s
1) Sarah poured a glass of tea that was 96°F. After she added some ice cubes the temperature
dropped 20°. What temperature was the tea after she added the ice?
2) On Sunday it was 53°F. On Monday it was 18° warmer. What temperature was it on
3) The temperature inside a freezer was 10°F. After the door was left open for an hour the
temperature had risen 21°. What temperature was it after the door was left open?
4) In July, the average temperature in Miami, FL was 108°F, while the average temperature in
Orlando, FL was 97°F. How much less was the temperature in Orlando?
5) Sarah measured the temperature of her soda and found that it was 73°F. After putting it in
her freezer for an hour it was 62°F. How much did the freezer cool her soda down?
6) A city in Alaska had a temperature of 87°F during the day, but at night the temperature
dropped 30°. What temperature was it at night?
7) The average temperature for January was 52°F. The average temperature for February was
17° warmer. What was the average temperature for February?
8) Sarah heated up a slice of pizza in the microwave. Before she put it in, the pizza was 53°F.
If the microwave heated it up 30°, what temperature was it when she took it out?
9) The temperature inside a store was 99°F. If the temperature outside the store was 29°
colder, what temperature was it outside?
10) A weather station predicted the temperature on Saturday would be 68°F. If the actual
temperature was 81°F, how much warmer was it then they predicted?
1-10 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0