Multiplication With Tape Diagram
Solve each problem using a tape diagram.
A n s w e r s
1) An ice cream shop sold 50 waffle cones. They sold 4 times as many sugar cones as waffle
cones and 3 times as many wafer cones as sugar cones. How many cones did they sell
2) On Halloween Kaleb scored 33 pieces of gummi candy. He got 6 times as much sugar
candy and 8 times as much chocolate candy. How many pieces of candy did he get total?
3) A school principal was looking over grades. In math 17 students scored a C. 4 times as
many students scored a B. And 3 times as many students scored an A as scored a B. How
many students scored an A, B or C?
4) A store sold 36 C batteries in a day. They sold 3 as many AAA batteries as C batteries and
3 times as many AA as AAA batteries. How many batteries did they sell total?
5) A malt shop sold 12 vanilla shakes. They sold 3 times as many strawberry shakes and 7
times as many chocolate shakes. How many shakes did they sell total?
80 60 40 20 0