Finding Temperature Changes
Solve each problem.
A n s w e r s
1) When Sarah went to the park at 2:30 PM it was 88°F. By the time she left it had gotten 19°
cooler. What temperature was it when she left the park?
2) The temperature inside a car was 126°F. After turning on the air conditioner the
temperature dropped 30°. What temperature was it after the air conditioner was turned on?
3) The temperature at 7:00 AM was 44°F. By 11:00 AM it had warmed up 12°. What was the
temperature at 11:00 AM?
4) The temperature inside a store was 71°F. If the temperature outside the store was 15°
warmer, what temperature was it outside?
5) Sarah measured the temperature of her soda and found that it was 74°F. After putting it in
her freezer for an hour it cooled off 26°. What temperature was the soda after an hour?
6) A news station reported that the current temperature was 48°F, but next week it would be
26° warmer. What temperature will it be next week?
7) In July, the average temperature in Miami, FL was 110°F, while the average temperature in
Orlando, FL was 96°F. How much less was the temperature in Orlando?
8) A weather station predicted the temperature on Saturday would be 66°F. If the actual
temperature was 82°F, how much warmer was it then they predicted?
9) The average temperature for January was 30°F. The average temperature for February was
42°F. How much warmer was February than January?
10) On Sunday it was 68°F. On Monday it was 12° colder. What temperature was it on
1-10 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0