Solve each problem.
A n s w e r s
1) Katie noticed that a table top had 5 sides. Because it has 5 sides, the top of the table
would be what shape?
2) The patterns on a soccer ball are pentagons and hexagons. How many sides does the
pentagon portion have?
3) For an art project Tom cut a sheet of paper into a shape with 4 sides, but none of
them were the same length. What type of shape was the paper?
4) A normal piece of notebook paper has 4 sides, 2 that are the same length and
another 2 that are the same lenght. What type of shape is the paper?
5) Bianca's family is building a pool in the shape of a nonagon. How many sides will
the pool have?
6) The patterns on a soccer ball are hexagons and pentagons. How many sides does the
Hexagon portion have?
7) Rachel bought a poster with 4 equal length sides. What shape was the poster she
8) While drawing on some scrap paper, Oliver drew a shape with 9 sides. What is the
name of this shape he drew?
9) While walking to school, Sam saw a sign with 8 sides. What shape would the sign
10) Roger was looking at coin shapes from other countries and found one with 10 sides.
This coin is what shape?
11) Isabel's family is building a pool in the shape of a nonagon. How many sides will
the pool have?
12) A stained glass window is made of hundreds of tiny heptagons. How many sides
would each heptagon have?
13) Edward sketched a logo into the shape of a decagon how many sides would the logo
14) Henry heard that a shape with 3 sides has angles that will always equal 180°. What
shape did learn about?
15) Nancy was doing a craft project where she cut a piece of paper into a shape with 7
sides. What is the name of this shape?
1-10 93 87 80 73 67 60 53 47 40 33
11-15 27 20 13 7