SUBCOMPONENT/COMPONENT OR AGENCY REPORTING
REPORT FOR FISCAL YEAR
SECTION VIII - REQUESTS FOR EXPEDITED PROCESSING AND REQUESTS FOR FEE WAIVER
Section VIII now reflects new mandatory reporting requirements and is no longer an optional section.
Provide information for adjudicated requests for expedited processing or adjudicated requests for a fee waiver, i.e., requests for expedited processing or requests for a fee waiver which were granted or
denied. Do not include requests for expedited processing or requests for a fee waiver which became moot for various reasons and, as a result, were neither granted nor denied.
A. REQUESTS FOR EXPEDITED PROCESSING.
(1) Include requests for expedited processing made both at the initial request level and, when applicable, at the administrative appeal level.
(2) Calculating days: Count only the days spent adjudicating the request for expedited processing. Count calendar days, not working days.
(3) NOTE: The response time of this new reporting requirement captures the time taken to decide whether to grant or deny a request for expedited processing. This does not cover the FOIA requests
which have already been granted expedited status, placed in the "expedited processing" track, and reported elsewhere in this Report. Rather, this new requirement reflects the time taken to make a
determination, (i.e., adjudicate) whether a request for expedited processing should be granted or denied. The FOIA requires agencies to determine within ten calendar days whether a request satisfies
the standards for expedited processing.
MEDIAN NUMBER OF DAYS
AVERAGE NUMBER OF DAYS
WITHIN TEN CALENDAR DAYS
B. REQUESTS FOR FEE WAIVER.
(1) Include requests for a waiver of fees made both at the initial request level and, when applicable, at the administrative appeal level.
(2) Calculating days: Count only the days spent adjudicating the fee waiver request. Count working days. Do not include additional days that may precede consideration of the fee waiver request, e.g.,
days the request waits in a processing queue, processing time which precedes commencement of adjudication of fee waiver request, etc.
MEDIAN NUMBER OF DAYS TO ADJUDICATE
AVERAGE NUMBER OF DAYS TO ADJUDICATE
SECTION IX - FOIA PERSONNEL AND COSTS
A. PERSONNEL. Provide the number of "Full-Time FOIA Staff" by adding the number of
B. COSTS. Add together all costs expended by the agency for processing FOIA requests at the
"Full-Time FOIA Employees" and "Equivalent Full-Time FOIA Employees"
initial request and administrative appeal levels, and for litigating FOIA requests. Include
(see DFOIPO Instructions).
salaries of FOIA personnel, overhead, and any other FOIA-related expenses. (Agency's
budget may be used as a resource.) (Enter numbers only, no commas or periods.)
-- page 27.
-- page 26.
NUMBER OF FULL-TIME FOIA
NUMBER OF EQUIVALENT
TOTAL NUMBER OF
FULL-TIME FOIA EMPLOYEES
FULL-TIME FOIA STAFF
SECTION X - FEES COLLECTED FOR PROCESSING REQUESTS
Report the dollar amount of fees collected from FOIA requesters for processing their requests. Also report the percentage of total processing costs (from Section IX, B.1.) that those fees represent. In
calculating the amount of fees collected, include fees received from a FOIA requester for search, review document duplication, and any other direct costs permitted by agency regulations.
1. TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES COLLECTED
2. PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL PROCESSING COSTS
Page 7 of 12 Pages
DD FORM 2564, OCT 2016