STATE OF CALIFORNIA - HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
CalWORKs SELF-INITIATED PROGRAM (SIP)
REVIEW REQUEST FORM
INSTRUCTIONS: If you believe that any of the situations listed on this form apply to you, please ﬁll out this form and return
it to the county no later than October 29, 1999. If the form is not submitted to the county welfare department by
October 29, 1999, any claim for beneﬁts or restoration will be denied.
Please print or type answers to the following:
DATE OF BIRTH
SOCIAL SECURITY #
If you were in a school program that you enrolled in on your own (a SIP) when you were required to participate in the
CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work Program and you answer yes to any of the questions below you may be able to:
go back to school;
get money for books, transportation and childcare;
have your sanction overturned and get cash aid;
have your welfare-to-work plan changed.
Please answer the following questions about your school program (SIP):
NAME OF COLLEGE/SCHOOL PROGRAM:
ADDRESS OF COLLEGE/SCHOOL PROGRAM:
At any time on or after January 1, 1998, did the county:
2. Refuse to allow you to continue in your unapprovable school program (SIP) until the end of the quarter
3. Deny, shorten or change your school program (SIP) because it was not full time or could not be com-
pleted within the 18- or 24-month welfare-to-work time period?
4. Require that you take a job that was during your school (SIP) class hours?
5. Refuse to count your work-study hours toward your SIP Welfare-to-Work participation requirement?
6. Refuse to treat elective courses that count toward your degree, or tutorials designed to address your
diagnosed learning disability, as part of your school program (SIP)?
7. Refuse to pay for necessary supportive services while you were in the school program or in work-
8. Deny or reduce your supportive services without your agreement based on your receipt of ﬁnancial aid?
9. Did you have any other problem with the county regarding your school program (SIP)? If so, what was
SIGNATURE OF SIP PARTICIPANT
NOTE: A letter that provides information about SIP policies, can be obtained at the Department’s external web page at:
Select “All County Letters” and go to Letter # 99-32.
TEMP 2171 (9/99)