Expressions Cumulative Review
1. Daniel observed his classmates during the Presidential Fitness Challenge at his
school. He recorded how long it took each student to run one mile. Daniel made
a frequency chart to show his data.
Time (in minutes)
6:00 – 6:59
7:00 – 7:59
8:00 – 8:59
9:00 – 9:59
IIII IIII II
10:00 – 10:59
IIII IIII IIII III
11:00 – 11:59
a. Create a histogram using the frequency chart.
b. In which interval does the mode of the data lie?
c. In which interval does the median lie?
2. The students in Miss Zero’s class formed two teams. One team is called the
“Positives” and has 8 students. The other team is called the “Negatives” and has
11 students. They want to play a game that requires one person from each team
to pair up with someone from the other team. Write an integer to represent the
number of students that will not be able to play. Use the correct sign to indicate
which team the students are on.
3. Tiffany wants to increase business by advertising. She gives packs of 13 orange
flyers to each restaurant owner and packs of 10 green flyers to each clothing
store owner. At the end of the day, Tiffany realizes that she gave out the same
number of orange and green flyers. What is the minimum number of flyers of
each color she distributed? How many packs of orange flyers did she distribute?
How many packs of green flyers did she distribute?
4. A submarine descended 225 feet below sea level. It descended another 150 feet.
What is its new position?
5. The freezing point of water is 32F. The freezing point of saltwater is
approximately -6F. How much higher is the freezing point of regular water than
6. In ten seasons, LeBron James scored 21,081 points. How many points did he
average per year?
7. Damian has
tank of gas left in his car. The gas tank in his car can hold 15
gallons of gasoline. He went to the gas station and asked the attendant to fill up
his gas tank. If gas costs $3 per gallon, how much did he pay to fill up his tank?
8. In Fairbanks, Alaska, the temperature was -32F in the morning. The
temperature dropped 12F in the evening. What temperature was it in the
9. Which numbers have 17 as their absolute value?
10. Ethan is putting up fencing around his swimming pool. He purchased a 50 foot
roll of fencing. The dimensions of his swimming pool are 12 feet long and 9 feet
~ 1 ~
NJ Center for Teaching and Learning