Class 12 Project for Business Studies
Project ONE: ELEMENTS OF BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
1. Changes witnessed over the last few years on mode of packaging and it’s economic
• The students to identify the following changes:
• The changes in transportation of fruits and vegetables such as cardboard
• Crates being used in place of wooden crates, etc. Reasons for above changes
• Milk being supplied in glass bottles , later in plastic bags and now in tetra pack
and through vending machines.
• Plastic furniture [doors and stools] gaining preference over wooden furniture.
• The origin of cardboard and the various stages of changes and growth.
• Brown paper bags packing to recycled paper bags to plastic bags and cloth bags.
• Re use of packaging [bottles, jars and tins] to attract customers for their
• The concept of pyramid packaging for milk.
• Cost being borne by the consumer/manufacturer.
• Packaging used as means of advertisements.
2. The reasons behind changes in the following:
• Coca – Cola and Fanta in the seventies to Thums up and Campa Cola in the
eighties to Pepsi and Coke in nineties.
The students may be asked to enquire about
a. Reasons of stopping the manufacturing of the above mentioned drinks in
b. The introduction of Thums up and Campa cola range.
c. Re entry of Coke and introduction of Pepsi in the Indian market.
d. Factors responsible for the change.
e. Other linkages with the above.
f. Leading brands and the company having the highest market share.
g. Different local brands venturing in the Indian market.