Frankston Yacht Club Learn2Sail program is a recognized Discover Sailing centre ran by
qualified Yachting Australia Instructors. The Learn2Sail program is conducted on weekends* and
Offers classes for both juniors and Adults in the clubs ozi opti's and club pacers.
The Learn2Sail Program is conducted Saturday’s and Sundays over the summer months and
divided into two Blocks of sessions:
• The Fist block begins on November 17
2012 and runs every Saturday until Christmas
• The second block begins on February 2nd and runs every Saturday until 2
At the completion of each course participants will receive a Yachting Australia certificate.
A limited number of places are available and are allocated on first come first served bases.
The Training Program is dived into4 groups:
• Beginners (discover Sailing 1&2) – Children aged 5 – 12 (Saturday Mornings : 9am -12pm)
• Beginners (discover Sailing 1&2) Adults ages14+ (Saturday Mornings : 9am – 12pm)
• Advanced – Open to anyone who has completed Discover sailing 1&2 (Friday evening :
4.30pm till 6.30pm)
Intermediate (Better Sailing) Adults Ages 14+ (Sunday Mornings : 9am -12pm)
All beginners training will operate from 9am to 12pm each Saturday. There is no need for beginners
to bring their own boats as they will be provided.
Participants need to bring suitable clothing, this includes:
Shoes to be worn on the beach and in the water
Sunscreen and a Hat
Wetsuit if you own one
Suitable sun smart clothing, e.g. rash tops
Participants will need a Towel and change of clothing to go home in.
Price and program inclusions
The price of the course is $250(for non Frankston Yacht Club members).All beginner courses
will include a free life jacket.
*awaiting list is available and subject to numbers Sunday programs may be offered