Introduction to periodic table lab Activity Worksheet
1. The vertical columns on the periodic table are called
2. The horizontal rows on the periodic table are called
3. Most of the elements in the periodic table are classified as
4. The elements that touch the zigzag line are classified as ________________.
5. Elements that have one valence electron and are very reactive are called
6. Elements that have two valence electrons are also very reactive are called
7. Elements in group 3 through 12 have many useful properties and are called
8. Elements that have 7 valence electrons are known as salt formers
9. Elements that have 8 valence electrons and are not reactive are called
10. The elements at the bottom of the table were pulled out to keep the table from
becoming too long. The first period at the bottom are called the
11. The second period at the bottom of the table is called _________________.
12. What do you notice about the number of valence electrons as you move from
left to right on the periodic table of elements?