STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
IN THE FAMILY COURT
_____ JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
COUNTY OF ________________________
COMPLAINT FOR DIVORCE
(One Year Continuous Separation)
Docket No. ___________________________
Plaintiff, ____________________________, would respectfully show this Court the following:
1. Plaintiff is a resident of _____________________ County, State of _____________________.
2. Upon information and belief, Defendant is a resident of ________________________ County,
State of __________________________.
3. Plaintiff and Defendant last shared a residence in _______________________ County, State of
4. Subject matter jurisdiction (check one):
Plaintiff has lived in South Carolina for over one year prior to the start of this action; or
Plaintiff and Defendant have both lived in South Carolina for longer than three (3) months
prior to the start of this action; or
Plaintiff is a resident of another state, but Defendant has lived in South Carolina for more
than one (1) year.
5. Plaintiff is informed and believes this Court has subject matter jurisdiction over the issues and
personal jurisdiction over the parties in this action.
6. Plaintiff and Defendant were married to each other on ________________________
(month/day), _____ (year), in ________________________ County, City of
______________________ in the State of ___________________________.
7. Plaintiff and Defendant separated on or about (month/day)
_____________________________, _____ (year). The parties have remained living separate
and apart from each other without cohabitation for more than one (1) continuous year prior to
filing this action.
8. There are:
SCCA 400.02 SRL-DIV (7/2011)
Page 1 of 3