Orange Grove Elementary
At Home Reading Program
Weekly Total: ____________________________ Parent Signature: ________________________________________
On one day each week, pick a question or reading response from the list below and answer it in complete
sentences on the back of your reading log. If you need more space, you may attach a sheet of paper. Your
response should fully answer the question.
1. What do you predict will happen next in your book? Why?
2. What character do you like least? Why?
3. The part of the book/chapter that surprised me was when…
4. The setting of the story is _____________. I know this because ______________________________.
5. If you had been the main character in the story, would you have acted differently? Why or why not?
6. If you were the author, what would you change in the story? Why would you make that change?
7. Pretend you get to create a new character for your book, what role in the story would your new
8. If you could give the main character in your book some advice, what would you tell him or her?
9. What do you think the author of your book wanted you to know or learn?
10. Who do you think is the most important supporting character in your book? Why?
11. What is the main idea of the non-fiction selection that you read? How do you know?
12. What are the three interesting facts you learned by reading the selection you read?
13. What do you remember most about what you read?
14. Why did the author write this selection?
15. Do you agree or disagree with the author on this topic?