PLEASE READ ALL SECTIONS OF THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY
Please complete this form and mail it to:
The Championship Debate Group
PO Box 1269
Blanco, Texas 78606
THE CHAMPIONSHIP DEBATE GROUP
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
1. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in The Championship Debate Group at Concordia University, and other
valuable consideration, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE The Championship
Debate Group, their officers, servants, agents, or employees, (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability,
claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death,
that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE
RELEASEES, or otherwise while participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the activity is being
conducted or in transportation to and from said premises.
2. To the best of my knowledge, I can fully participate in this activity. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with
the activity including but not limited to the risks as noted herein, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity, and
to enter the above-named premises and engage in such activity knowing that the activity may be hazardous to me and my
property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR
PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as
a result of being engaged in such an activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
3. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or
costs, including court costs and attorney’s fees, that may incur due to my participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY
THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
4. It is my express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse (if
any), if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am not alive, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE,
WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this
Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas.
5. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE CHAMPIONSHIP DEBATE GROUP WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY
MEDICAL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY INJURY I MAY SUSTAIN.
6. I further agree to become familiar with the rules and regulations of The Championship Debate Group concerning student
conduct and not to violate said rules or any directive or instruction made by the person or persons in charge of said program and
that I will further assume the complete risk of any activity done in violation of any rule or directive or instruction.
7. I also understand that I should, and am urged by The Championship Debate Group to obtain adequate health and accident
insurance to cover any personal injury to myself that may be sustained during the program or the transportation to and from said
8. I agree that if I cannot participate in institute activities (including but not limited to lectures, group work, or practice rounds)
for more than one session (morning, afternoon, or evening) because of illness or injury, the director of the institute may terminate
my participation in the institute without refund and request immediate pickup by a parent/guardian.
TCDG Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement 2014
Page 1 of 3