February 25, 2011
Bio Format for New Members
Include in the Application Packet
You are important to the Rotary Club of New York and are the EXPERT about yourself.
We need your help to get to know you. This information will be used in Spokes (web &
print version) and for the induction process. Please e-mail this AS A MS WORD AT-
within a few days.
Guidelines – 250 to 350 words:
1. Tell us about yourself and your family.
2. What is your profession and what do you do? (CEO of XYZ Corp does say much. Explain
your company’s function and, perhaps the specifics customers you serve. If retired, please
explain your professional background.)
3. Where are you from and where did you go to school?
4. What are your interests, passions, goals or dreams?
5. Tell us something that you are proud that you have accomplished (please forget modesty
Our Sincere Welcome to you.
1. Submit complete application & refundable Application Fee to begin process.
2. Submit a recent Photo in jpg and Bio in the RCNY Format and in MS Word.
3. *Classification approved or assigned by the classification committee.
4. *Personal Interview by an experienced Rotarian.
a. Bylaws state Interview should be in prospective member’s office.
b. Optional location is at a coffee shop.
c. Least preferable is before or after the meeting.
5. *Attend New Member Orientation meeting at 11 AM on the 2nd meeting of the month.
6. Board Approval by the 3rd Meeting of the Month or before if feasible.
7. Bio and photo posted on the RCNY website for a four day comment period from members.
8. Induction during a regular meeting subject to a maximum of 2 inductions per week.
9. Welcome to our Rotary Family.
Note: *Steps 3, 4, and 5 can be in any order but must be completed before full membership is granted.
Applicants may attend all meetings and functions.