Application For Child Support Services Non-Public Assistance Applicant/recipient


Franklin County CSEA
80 East Fulton Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Applicant Name: _______________________________________
IMPORTANT: If you are receiving ADC or Medicaid, do not complete this application because you became eligible for
child support services when you signed the ADC/Medicaid application.
I, _______________________________________, request child support services from the Franklin County CSEA (Child
Support Enforcement Agency). I understand and agree to the following:
I am a resident of the county in which services are requested and no other Ohio county has jurisdiction over support –
OR –I am requesting services from the Ohio county of jurisdiction.
The only fee that can be charged for services is a one dollar application fee. Some counties pay this fee for the
Recipients of child support services shall cooperate to the best of their ability with the CSEA. (See attached rights
and responsibility information).
In providing IV-D services, the CSEA and any of its contracted agents (e.g., prosecutors, attorneys, hearing officers,
etc.) represent the best interest of the children of the state of Ohio and do not represent any IV-D recipient or the IV-D
recipient's personal interest.
The Child Support Enforcement Agency can assist you in providing the following services:
Location of Absent Parents.
The agency can assist in finding where an absent parent is currently living, in what city, town, or state. The applicant
can request 'Location Only Services', if the sole need is to find the whereabouts of the absent parent.
Establishment or Adjustment of Child Support and Medical Support.
The CSEA can assist you to obtain an order for support if you are separated, have been deserted, or need to establish
paternity (fatherhood). The CSEA can also assist you in changing the amount of support orders (adjustment), and to
establish a medical support order.
Enforcement of Existing Orders.
The CSEA can help you collect current and past-due child support.
Federal and State Income Tax Refund Offset Submittals for the Collection of Child Support Arrearages.
The agency can collect past-due support (arrearages) by intercepting a payor's federal and state income tax refunds in
some cases.
Withholding of Wages and Unearned Income for the Payment of Court Ordered Support.
The agency can help you get payroll deductions for current and past-due child support and can intercept unemployment
compensation to collect child support.
Establishment of Paternity.
The agency can obtain an order for the establishment of paternity (fatherhood), if you were not married to the father of
the child. An absent parent may request paternity services.
Collection and Disbursement of Payments.
The CSEA can collect the child support for you, and send you a check for the amount of the payments received. Past-
due support collected will be paid to you until all of the past-due support you are owed is paid.
Interstate Collection of Child Support.
The agency can assist you in collecting support if the payor is living in another state or in some foreign countries.
JFS 07076 (Rev. 12/2001)
Page 1 of 4


00 votes

Related Articles

Related forms

Related Categories

Parent category:
Page of 4