District Court, ____________________County, Colorado
COURT USE ONLY
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION/MEDIATION ORDER (CIVIL CASE)
1. The Court finds that the interests of a just, speedy and economic resolution of the disputes herein
would be served by referral of this action to mediation, or to some other form of Alternative Dispute
2. Accordingly, pursuant to the Colorado Dispute Resolution Act, §13-22-301, C.R.S. et seq. and
specifically §13-22-311, C.R.S. the Court orders that, except as provided in paragraph 6, all claims
in this action are hereby referred to mediation.
3. All parties are ordered to cooperate in arranging for, and participating in mediation. Each party
shall be present personally at the mediation session, or shall have a representative present (other
than the attorney), with full settlement authority.
The Plaintiff's attorney is ordered to set up mediation in sufficient time so that it will be
______ days before the next hearing;
______ days before trial;
within ______ days after the case is at issue; or
by the following date:__________________________________
4. Pursuant to §13-22-311(1), C.R.S., the parties may select their mediator from private mediators,
mediation organizations, or from the Colorado Judicial Branch Office of Dispute Resolution.
The Office of Dispute Resolution for the _____ Judicial District may be contacted at
_________________________ (telephone number). If you need a referral for the Office of Dispute
Resolution in the Denver Metro area, please call (303) 837-3672.
5. A list of other mediators who provide services in the ______ Judicial District
is available in the clerk’s office. The information contained on this list is as supplied
by the providers themselves and does not mean that the provider is recommended, approved, or
verified by the Judicial District.
is not available through this courthouse.
Mediators may be identified through contacting the Colorado Council of Mediators and Mediation
Organizations at 1-800-864-4317 or
, through the Yellow Pages, or
through contacting the local bar association at _________________________________.
6. Compliance with paragraph 3 of this Order is excused if, within the time limits set forth in paragraph
3, the parties settle all claims, participate in another form of ADR, including but not limited to,
arbitration, early neutral evaluation or mini-trial, pursuant to §13-22-313, C.R.S., or the Court grants
a Motion re: Exemption from Mediation/ADR.
JDF 607 R9/08
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION/MEDIATION CIVIL CASE ORDER
Page 1 of 2