PERSONALVEHICLE LEASE AGREEMENT
This lease agreement will confirm the following:
(“Employee”), as a condition of
employment with the Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 (the “IU”), is required to
transport students in the course of his/her employment more than 60 days per school year.
2. While transporting students in the course of his/her employment, Employee shall use his/her
own vehicle, which is identified as follows:
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN):
3. At all times during which Employee transports students in the course of employment and
uses the vehicle referenced above, such vehicle shall be leased to the IU.
4. During such times the vehicle referenced above is leased to the IU, the IU shall
(a) pay to Employee a rental payment, including mileage reimbursement, in an
amount equal to the published Internal Revenue Service mileage reimbursement rate
and with an effective date consistent with the Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit
Education Association contract for each mile the vehicle is used in transporting
(b) defend and indemnify Employee under the provisions of the Political
Subdivision Tort Claims Act from liability arising by reason of Employee’s negligent
acts or omissions;
(c) provide primary liability insurance coverage for Employee when Employee is
involved in an accident incurred while transporting students in the course of his/her
employment, or in the alternative, reimburse Employee for any loss which would
have been covered by the Employee’s comprehensive or collision insurance if
Employee’s comprehensive or collision insurance is ineffective because of the vehicle
being leased to the IU.
5. During such times as the vehicle referenced above is leased to the IU and used by Employee
in the course of his/her employment, Employee shall
(a) maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license;
(b) maintain the vehicle in good condition and fit for its intended use and purpose; and
(c) comply with all governmental requirements applicable to the maintenance, use or operation
6. Employee’s failure to comply with the terms of the agreement may result in cancellation of
such Agreement by the IU.
Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13
Director of Business Services