REQUEST FOR LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
Name of the program/position you are applying for:
Name and address of the person to address the letter to:
1. What courses of mine have you taken? When? What grade did you earn in each one?
2. Tell me briefly about one significant paper or project you worked on in one of these courses. Please be as
specific as possible: which course was it? When? What exactly did the project or paper involve? What did
you learn from carrying it out?
3. Have you studied abroad? If so, where and when? What was for you the most significant aspect of this
experience? To what extent and how did the experience change you?
4. Why are you applying to this program/position/etc.?
5. What is there, specifically, about this program/position that interests you?
6. Is this program/position related in any way to what you are studying at Olaf? If so, how?
7. What are your long-term goals? How does this program or position correspond to them?
8. What specific knowledge, expertise, or traits of character/personality do you bring to this
Modified from Wendy Allen, 6/2011