Agreement between contractor and subcontractor.
Agreement made _________[date], between _________ of _________, called contractor, and _________ of
_________, called subcontractor.
Subcontractor, in consideration of the agreements contained in this contract on the part of contractor, agrees with
contractor as follows:
1. To furnish all material and perform all work for _________[state work to be done and materials to be
furnished, preferably by reference to numbers of drawings and pages of specifications].
2. To complete the work to be done on or before _________[date], and in default of completion to pay to
contractor _________ dollars ($_____) for each day that the work shall remain unfinished, as and for liquidated
3. To furnish contractor, immediately on execution of this contract, with a satisfactory surety company's bond
in the sum of _________ dollars ($_____), guaranteeing all terms of this contract and completion of the contract
within the time mentioned.
4. To procure, at his [her] own expense, before entering performance of this contract, compensation insurance
in a reliable insurance company, satisfactory to contractor, covering full liability for compensation to any of its
employees for bodily injuries accidentally sustained, whether resulting in death or otherwise, under the Worker's
Compensation Act of the State of _________, and to maintain such compensation insurance in full force and
effect at all times while this contract shall remain in force and not fully performed on his [her] part; to furnish
contractor a satisfactory indemnity accident policy protecting owner and contractor in case of accident to
workers employed on the building or themselves or their employees or the public, and that if any suits are entered
against owner of the building or the contractor on account of acts committed, or omissions by subcontractor, his
[her] agents or employees, to defend such suits and reimburse either or both owner and contractor for any
expense or cost that they may be put to, including court costs and attorney fees.
5. At his [her] own cost and expense, to apply for and obtain all necessary permits and conform strictly to the
laws and ordinances in force in the locality whe erected.
6. To provide, both in the shops and in the building, sufficient, safe and proper facilities, at all times, for
inspection of the work by owner, architect and contractor, or the authorized representative of any of them, and,
on request of contractor, to produce all vouchers showing the quality of the material used.
7. Should proper, workmanlike and accurate performance of any work under this contract depend in any way
on proper, workmanlike or accurate performance of any work by another contractor on the building, to use all
means necessary to discover any defects in the contractor's work, and to report the defects, in writing, to
contractor before proceeding with his [her] work which is so dependent; and to allow to contractor a reasonable
time to remedy the defects.
8. To make no claim for additional work unless done in pursuance of a written order from contractor, and
notice of all such claims shall be given to contractor in writing before the next ensuing payment or shall be
considered as abandoned.
9. Before final payment is made, to execute a written guaranty for his [her] work, agreeing to make good,
without cost to owner or contractor, any and all defects due to imperfect workmanship or materials, which may
appear during a reasonable time, the length of such time to be determined by contractor.
10. To protect and indemnify contractor against any loss or damage suffered by anyone arising through the
negligence of subcontractor, or those employed by him [her] or his [her] agent or servants; to bear any expense
which contractor may have by reason of the negligence, or on account of being charged with negligence; and if
there are any injuries to persons or property unsettled, when the work is finished, final settlement between
contractor and subcontractor shall be deferred until such claims are adjusted or suitable special indemnity
acceptable to contractor is provided by subcontractor.
11. To indemnify and hold owner and contractor harmless from any and all loss or damage which owner and
contractor, or either of them, may sustain on account of any claim, demand or suit made or brought against owner
and/or contractor by or on behalf of any employee of subcontractor, or by or on behalf of any person injured by
subcontractor, his [her] servants, agents or employees.
12. To not assign or transfer this contract or any part of this contract without written consent of contractor.
The contractor, in consideration of the agreements contained in this contract on the part of subcontractor, agrees