IN THE PROBATE COURT FOR DAVIDSON COUNTY TENNESSEE
MOTION REQUESTING INTERIM ATTORNEY FEE
Comes now ____________________, attorney for ____________________ (i.e. the Conservator, the Guardian,
the Executor/Administrator or _______________) makes the following request for fees to be paid out of the estate.
1. The Court is requested to approve:
Fees in the amount of:
Expenses in the amount of:
For a total award of:
For the time period from: ___________, 201___ through____________, 201___.
2. The fee is based on an hourly rate of $_________ per hour for a total of _________ hours of service.
3. This is the applicant’s first request for fees in this matter. (OR)
3. Fees awarded and/or received by the attorney for services rendered in this case (include fees paid to other
members of same firm if applicable):
$_________ for the period from _________, 2009 through _________, 2010.
$_________ for the period from _________, 2010 through _________, 2011.
$_________ for the period from _________, 2011 through _________, 2012.
4. A detailed sworn itemization of the services rendered and expenses incurred is attached to this motion.
CAVEAT: If the fee/expense request is for other than a modest fee or routine services (i.e. hours required), a
statement of the applicant’s expertise along with justification for the amount of service/time required and/or
hourly rate shall also be included.
5. This motion, together with all attachments, has been served upon all Interested Parties (i.e. residuary
beneficiaries of an estate and the personal representative (and the creditors if the estate is possibly insolvent);
next of kin of a ward or minor and the conservator or guardian).
6. (IF APPLICABLE) Fees are also being requested in a related conservatorship/guardianship case (i.e. siblings in
separate guardianships, etc.), being ________ under docket number__________. The aggregate of all fees and
expenses requested in the related cases is $_____________.
IF ANYONE DISAPPROVES OF THE FEE REQUESTED, A WRITTEN RESPONSE SHOULD BE FILED WITH THE PROBATE COURT
CLERK AND A COPY MAILED TO THE UNDERSIGNED. IF A RESPONSE IS FILED THIS MOTION IS EXPECTED TO BE HEARD
AT 10:00 A.M. ON FRIDAY, _____________, 201___, IN ROOM 608. IF A WRITTEN RESPONSE IS NOT FILED BY THE END
OF BUSINESS ON THE MONDAY PRECEDING THE HEARING DATE, THE COURT WILL REVIEW THE FEE REQUEST WITHOUT
THE NECESSITY OF A HEARING.
Signature of Attorney
Address of Firm, Etc.
(certificate of service required)