Functional Resume Sample. The Functional format is appropriate if you have held
several similar jobs, gained skills in a nontraditional way, or are making a career change.
Highlights skills without linking them to a specific job.
Provided by UK’s James W. Stuckert Career Center
348 Somerset Road; Hayward, CA 94541
(510) 123-4567 or
OBJECTIVE: A position as Sales Coordinator, Representative or Account Executive.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Twelve years successful experience in direct sales of a range of products and services.
• Extensive practical hands-on experience as co-owner & manager of a small business.
• Motivated and enthusiastic about developing good relations with clients.
• Professional in appearance and presentation.
SALES & NEW ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT
Increased a small publication's advertising revenue through market research and
Developed new distribution outlets for a special-interest magazine in Northern California
- Made cold calls and follow-up visits to retail outlets throughout the region.
- Organized detailed routebooks and financial recordkeeping.
- Successfully increased readership by more than 40 percent over a two-year period.
Served as vendor representative for Jana Imports:
- Coordinated product information and distribution for 75 field representatives and major
- Promoted giftware products at trade shows throughout the region.
- Handled face-to-face contacts with new and established customers.
Oversaw the production of advertising and its placement in major trade publications.
ADVERTISING, MARKETING, DISTRIBUTION
Organized and styled merchandise for effective presentation in a 20-page giftware
Kept accurate, current computer records of inventory, international suppliers, brokers,
Handled all aspects of order taking and processing, both at Bill's Dairy and Jana Imports.
Jana Imports, Oakland, CA
Déjà vu Publishing, San Rafael, CA
Bill’s Dairy, Livermore, OR
Bay City College, San Francisco, BA in Liberal Arts